Here’s a cooking method to make the most of one of our favorite cuts. We call this “Cooking by Ear”.
- Set pan to high heat.
- Put the bacon in the pan.
- When you hear the sizzle, turn the heat down a bit. You don’t want the oil to pop- a little sizzle is the sound you’re after. (If you’re using an electric cooktop you might need to take the pan off to modulate the heat.)
- Sizzle for about 3-5 minutes and enjoy that delicious aroma. Think about pancakes and maple syrup. Check the sizzle side for some browning.
- When you see a little curl and it’s brown on one side, flip it. It takes a little less time for the other side.
- Check for crispy brownness. Cook until you’ve got that indication of perfection.
- Put on a plate covered in paper towels and let cool. Or just shove it in your mouth. Careful, it’s still hot.
Yield: 4 servings
Time: 15 minutes
1 package Canadian bacon